Madoc Fair Ambassador Competition
Each year The Madoc Agricultural Society hosts a competition to crown an Ambassador that will represent the Fair for the year.
Madoc Fair Ambassador
- The Madoc Fair Ambassador program is an excellent opportunity to become involved in the community, learn more about agriculture and the Madoc Fair and gain valuable leadership and presentation skills.
- Individuals between the ages of 17 and 24 (as of August 1st, 2017) are invited to participate in this exciting experience!
- Each contestant will be matched with a local sponsor
- Each contestant receives $150.00 from their sponsor
- Sponsors provide a sash for contestants to wear during the competition and Fair Weekend
- Contestants will meet for a photo opportunity with sponsors prior to the competition day
The Ambassador Competition is held every year in August.
- Completes an interview with a panel of 3 judges
- Prepares and delivers a 3 to 5 minute speech about the Madoc Fair
- Answers an impromptu question
- Winner: $150.00
- 1st Runner-up: $100.00
- 2nd Runner-up: $50.00
*Additional prizes and prize money may be added in based on additional sponsorship.
During the Fair Weekend all Contestants will be involved in a variety of events:
- Handing out prize ribbons at various Competitions and Shows
- Spending time in the Children’s Games
- Representing their Sponsor throughout the Fair Grounds
- In addition to Fair Weekend the Ambassador will have the opportunity to represent and promote the Madoc Fair and the community through various events:
- Participating in Community Santa Claus Parades
- Attending Main Board and general meetings
- Speaking to Community Organizations, Group and Clubs
- Attending the Ontario Association of Agricultural Societies (OAAS) Convention held for 3 days in Toronto in February
- Competing in the Canadian National Exhibition Ambassador of the Fairs Competition in Toronto in August
The annual Ambassador of the Fairs competition attracts approximately 80 young women and men from across rural Ontario who are proud to share their comprehensive knowledge of Canadian agriculture.
In order to be considered for the esteemed title of Ambassador of the Fairs, the contestants must first have competed and won at their local fair. The finalists then travel to Toronto for the three day judging competition. Through their poise, self-confidence, agricultural knowledge and prepared speeches, a candidate is chosen to represent the CNE for next year.
The objective of the Ambassador of the Fairs is to promote, educate and inform the public on Canadian agriculture while bridging the gap between rural and urban communities.
CNE Ambassador of the Fairs Competition
On the opening weekend of the CNE in August Ambassadors from all fairs across Ontario participate in a 3-day competition for the title of CNE Ambassador of the Fairs.
Ambassadors participate in seminars, parades and have the opportunity to take in all that the CNE has to offer.
Thanks to Past and Present Sponsors of the Madoc Fair Ambassador Competition!
Hidden Goldmine Bakery
The Lions Club